Τα τελευταία στατιστικά στοιχεία από το Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) δείχνουν ότι ο επιπολασμός της παχυσαρκίας αυξάνεται στις ΗΠΑ. Είκοσι δύο πολιτείες βρέθηκαν να έχουν επιπολασμό παχυσαρκίας άνω του 35% πέρυσι σε σύγκριση με 17 πολιτείες το 2021 και η Midwest ήταν η περιοχή με τον υψηλότερο επιπολασμό με 35,8%. Μόνο η Ουάσιγκτον DC είχε επικράτηση λιγότερο από 25%!
The CDC 2022 Adult Obesity Prevalence Maps for 50 states, the District of Columbia, and 3 US territories show the proportion of adults with a body mass index (BMI) equal to or greater than 30 ( ≥30 kg/m2) based on self-reported weight and height. Data are presented by race, ethnicity, and location. The data come from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, an ongoing state-based, telephone interview survey conducted by CDC and state health departments. The 2022 maps show that obesity impacts some groups more than others. There are notable differences by race and ethnicity, as shown by combined data from 2020–2022. Among geographic groups (states, territories, or DC) with enough data, the number with an adult obesity prevalence of 35% or higher,
By race / ethnicity
- Non-Hispanic Asian adults: 0 (among 37 states, 1 territory, and DC)
- Non-Hispanic White adults: 14 (among 49 states, 1 territory, and DC)
- Hispanic adults: 32 (among 49 states, 2 territories, and DC)
- Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native adults: 33 (among 47 states)
- Non-Hispanic Blacks: 38 (among 48 states and DC)
By Education and Age
- Obesity prevalence decreased as level of education increased. Adults without a high school diploma or equivalent had the highest prevalence of obesity (37.6%), followed by adults with some college education (35.9%) or high school graduates (35.7%), and then by college graduates (27.2%).
- Young adults were half as likely to have obesity as middle-aged adults. Adults aged 18–24 had the lowest prevalence of obesity (20.5%) compared to adults aged 45–54, who had the highest prevalence (39.9%).
Περισσότερα από το CDC – Obesity ➥
Citiation: Adult Obesity Prevalence Maps. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity. (21 September 2023).